Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thoughts on Leuven

So far things have been nice but as typical with traveling solo, a little lonely and a little boring.

Leuven is quite a pretty town but a mix as well. Some parts of very historic with cobblestone roads and beautiful old cathedrals. (I wish I had a better camera here because my iPhone images do no justice.) Other parts are more mundane shopping areas, which, though also pretty, don't have quite the same jaw dropping appeal.

I've walked through most of the downtown several times and have a good mental map for the place. Just enough that I can usually intuit my way to the center, from which I know my way to other parts. I like to guess about shortcuts because even though I'm usually wrong, it takes me to some place new. A bike will be great here.

There's a lot of restaurants and shops here, including an H&M :) So far I haven't found a good stop-and-go coffee place but maybe one does not exist here. There's some nice parks as well. I'll try to post more pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment